ON THIS WIKI
The Mining Drill is the equivalent of the Iron Pickaxe and Iron Shovel combined. It is unbreakable, and only requires a source of EU to give it the energy required for it to break blocks. It uses 50 EU per block mined.
It can be combined with 3 Diamonds to make a Diamond Drill.
Note: This recipe overwrites the default one.
UsesMining Drill can be used to create the following items:
This tool may be charged using a Generator of any kind or MFE/MFS Unit/BatBox. Alternatively, it can receive power from a BatPack or similar device. It can also be recharged by right-clicking while holding a battery (hold right-click until it fully charges)
Storage: 10000 EU
- Interestingly the mining drill mines dirt without grass considerably faster than dirt with grass.
- Without a BatPack or similar item, it can mine 200 ground blocks, slightly less than an iron pickaxe, before needing to be charged. With a BatPack, it can mine 1400 blocks, a Lappack allows it to mine 6200, an Advanced Lappack allows 20,200, and the Ultimate Lappack allows 200,200. The Diamond Drill can only mine 120 but is much faster and can break obsidian blocks.
- The Mining Drill cannot be enchanted traditionally (at an enchantment table), yet can be enchanted using books at an anvil.
- GregTech's Jackhammers can mine stone much faster than the Mining Drill.
- When the Drill is out of EU, it will be no faster to break blocks with it than by hand, but the block will still drop as if you were using a normal pick. This can be most easily seen in the Nether.