ON THIS WIKI
|Source Mod||Thermal Dynamics|
|ID Name|| |
|First Appearance||MC 1.6.4|
|Affected by Gravity||No|
The Itemduct is a block added by the Thermal Dynamics mod. An advanced smart transport system that interconnects an ME Network, inventories and machines. The Itemduct interacts with most mods' machines. Some machines such as the Pulverizer will output to a connected Itemduct automatically. The Itemduct has an Opaque version  that removes the ability to see the items moving inside, it is cheaper to make and may reduce lag. The Itemduct (Opaque) will connect to all other Itemducts. By default the Itemduct will send items to the nearest inventory. Since version 1.7.10, the Itemduct is now compatible with the BuildCraft mod, so there is now no need to use a Golden Transport Pipe for a Quarry or any other BuildCraft machines. Unlike BuildCraft pipes, the Itemduct does not have a maximum item capacity, and will not explode if too many items are being transported at once. Since the release of 1.7.10, the Itemduct now has a Filter that can be placed on it, to allow the white list or blacklist items of items from entering an inventory. This allows for much more customization than what was available in 1.6.4, and for much more advanced item transport between separate inventories.
The type of item extracted may be filtered and Redstone control activation setting changed using a config item such as the Servo or the Retriever to extract from a remote source. A Filter may be used in conjunction with the Servo on the receiving end if the Duct system is used with multiple outputs. 'Right-clicking' the Itemduct connection with a config item will install it, 'Right-clicking' again will open the GUI, where the Redstone signal setting may be changed to Disabled, Low or High. A ghost image of an item can be added to the filter inventory and set to White or Black list.
When placed, the Itemduct will insert items to the adjacent inventory  by default, and will accept items from self eject machines and send it to the closest available inventory that can accept it. This behaviour may be changed by 'Right-clicking' it with a Crescent Hammer. Individual connections may be toggled to extract or disconnect. The Itemduct's mode may be toggled between normal, Dense, Vacuum or Round Robin. The Itemduct will transport up to one stack at a time starting from the top most left slot of an inventory. To extract items from an inventory the Itemduct must be activated with a Lever or Redstone Torch or have a Servo installed ('Right-click' the Itemduct with it) which will enhance the Itemduct's features. 'Right-click' with an empty hand on the connection to access the GUI, from which items may be filtered (white or black listed) and activation may be set to High, Low or Disabled (always on).
- Dense: lowers the priority, it only allows items to pass when no other inventory is available (except for Round Robin).
- Vacuum: makes it top priority for items to go through, unless there is no valid target inventory.
- Round Robin: will distribute items equally between all connected valid inventories.
UsageItemduct can be used to create the following items:
- To craft a Dense Itemduct (Opaque), Hardened Glass can be substituted with Lead Ingot.
- Hardened Glass can be substituted with the following items: Fused Quartz, Hardened Lumium Glass, Reinforced Glass.
- When Removing the Itemduct the items inside will drop.
- With Thermal Expansion the Itemduct can only insert into the adjacent side of a large chest and will stuff even though the chest is only half full, to correct this, connect the other side of the chest as well.
The following items may also be of interest: