ON THIS WIKI
|Latest Version||0.1.0 beta|
|Website|| Official Site|
|Add-on Mods|| AutoPackager|
|Root Mod||Thermal Foundation, CodeChickenLib|
|Modpacks|| Agrarian Skies|
Bevo's Tech Pack
Blood N' Bones
Cloud 9 1.7 Pack
Direwolf20 1.12 Pack
Direwolf20 1.16 Pack
Direwolf20 1.5 Pack
Direwolf20 1.6 Pack
Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
Feed The Beast 1.5.2 Beta Pack
Thermal Expansion is the central mod of the CoFH team Thermal series, with diverse machines, tools and lots of other toys! Predominant mod features are the processing of resources and the generation and storage of energy in the form of Redstone Flux. The basic machines can be upgraded to 4 higher tiers, each adding features and functionality and can be further improved with Augments for added configuration and efficiency. Furthermore, this version unveils some brand new items and ambient sounds for its machines.
Thermal Foundation 
This mod contains the basic resources, the different metal types along with their ore, liquid, bucket, block, ingot, nugget, dust and gear forms. This includes various metals that Thermal Expansion machines rely on, such as Invar and Electrum.
Thermal Dynamics 
This mod focuses on the transport and transmission of energy, fluids and items
- Invar Reinforced Fishing Rod, renamed.
- Hardened Portable Tank is improved to hold 32,000 mB from 16,000 mB.
- Reinforced Portable Tank is refined to hold 128,000 mB from 32,000 mB.
- Resonant Portable Tank is enhanced to hold 512,000 mB from 64,000 mB.
As of 1.12.2(Needs Verification), the augment system has been reworked. Two types of augments now exist:
- Generic Augmentations: Add benefits and downsides, can be installed several times.
- Specialization: Only one of these can be installed per machine, usually locks the machine to a specific purpose.
Diverse items such as the Energy Cell and most machines can be right-clicked with a Signalum Security Lock to add a security tab that can control access to an item as public, private or restricted.
With Thermal Expansion 4 every machine can be upgraded to an higher tier, each increasing the speed, RF capacity, and augmentation slots. Machine tiers can be achieved in one of two ways:
- Using a conversion kit to upgrade the machine to the tier matching the kit.
- Using an upgrade kit to upgrade by one tier.
- ↑ The rationale for this mod is to allow modpack creators to add more variety to oregen without adding extra machinery or tools.
- ↑ Due to the development time needed to remove Forge Multipart support, ducts were split off to allow for an earlier release of Thermal Expansion 4. An additional benefit allows modpack creators to use other conduits (such as that of Extra Utilities' Transfer Nodes and Ender IO) instead of Thermal Dynamics or on the flip side some modpacks can benefit from TD's transport system without adding all the content of TE4.