ON THIS WIKI
|ID Name|| |
|Affected by Gravity||No|
The Bog Earth is a block added by the Forestry mod. It will produce Peat, which can be used as a fuel source, by leaving it to mature within 2 blocks horizontally of a water source . A single water source  will slowly mature Bog Earth into Peat in a 5x5 square around it. Bog Earth are light brown when placed, within 2 game days it will turn dark brown and the name will change to Peat.
When manually farming Bog Earth into Peat, while tools with Efficiency Enchantment seem faster, no particular tool appears to have any given advantage in breaking matured Peat blocks. A peat farm can also be built and maintained automatically by a Peat Bog, while a Turbary takes care of harvesting . In addition to Peat, Dirt is yielded , so only the Sand needs to be replenished . A Peat Bog and an Arboretum work well together, as the Arboretum generates sand as a by-product, while the peat bog generates surplus dirt that the Arboretum use in producing Humus. Furthermore a Peat-fired Engine will produce the Ash used in creating Fertilizer for the Humus.
Bog Earth has no known uses in crafting.
- A given water source will not mature Bog Earth blocks on a level above or below it, however Bog Earth placed into a vertical tube with water flowing down through the centre will mature since each layer is adjacent to water horizontally.
- The shallow end of an 8-long trench of flowing water supports Bog Earth development to a distance of 2 blocks.
- These machines are deprecated in Forestry version 188.8.131.52
- A reliable and renewable source of Sand is obtained from processing Cobblestone in a Macerator or Pulverizer and Gravel in a Grinder.
- Water Capsule can be substituted with the following items: Water Can, Water Cell.
- Dirt can be substituted with Podzol.