ON THIS WIKI
|Affected by Gravity||No|
The Hydrokinetic Engine is an engine added by RotaryCraft.
RotaryCraft Handbook Description
"The hydrokinetic engine converts the energy of falling water into shaft power. Note that this machine can only rotate counterclockwise, and therefore the waterfall must be positioned accordingly. Additionally, adjacent blocks can obstruct the paddles from rotating. Finally, this engine's power output is dependent on how far the water is falling. A 3-block fall will produce minimum power, but a 64+ block fall can produce 16384 Nm at 32 rad/s, the highest torque of any engine, totalling 524.288 kW. These engines can also be chained, adding their torques together."
|Rotational speed||32 rad/s|
|Power Source||Falling Water|
Tips & Tricks
- When chaining hydrokinetic engines together, attach lubricant piping from one end and it will distribute evenly among all the chained engines.
- There is no on/off switch for the hydrokinetic engine other than the falling water. A system of pistons can be set up in the water flow above the engine, to shut off the water as a makeshift switch. This helps preserve the lubricant which is otherwise wasted unless you're constantly using the engine.
- There is no penalty for trying to run an unlubricated hydrokinetic engine, but it will not spin or generate any power.
- Each bucket of lubricant lasts 2000 seconds, or 33 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Hydrokinetic Engines will overload every Shaft and Gear below diamond tier
- 5 Hydrokinetic Engines chained together will also overload diamond tier Shafts and Gears