ON THIS WIKI
|Source Mod||Automagy 1|
|ID Name|| |
|Affected by Gravity||No|
Dimensional Lure is a block added by the Automagy 1 mod. It is a main part of the multiblock with the same name.
Constructing the Multiblock
In order to construct the multiblock, the player needs:
- 1 Dimensional Lure
- 1 Nethermind
- 32 Runed Obsidian
- 4 Runed Obsidian (Blaze) or Runed Obsidian (Zombie) or Runed Obsidian (Ghast) or Runed Obsidian (Skull) or Runed Obsidian (Wisp) or Runed Obsidian (Slime) or Runed Obsidian (Bat)
- 8 Nitor
- 16 Obsidian Totem
- CV supply.
- Essentia supply: Infusion Provider, Warded Jar, Void Jar or other containers.
- Place Dimensional Lure.
- Place Nethermind several blocks above the Dimensional Lure (6th - 10th) with no blocks inbetween.
- Place 4 Runed Obsidian of specified mob on the sides of Nethermind (except top and bottom side).
- Place 8 Runed Obsidian 2 blocks more in each horizontal direction from the previously placed blocks.
- Place 1 Runed Obsidian under each of the blocks previously placed which is the most offset in each direction (4 in total).
- Place 1 Nitor under each of the previously placed blocks (4 in total).
- Place 4 Runed Obsidian diagonally on the same y level from the Nethermind, so it is encased in 3x3 area of Runed Obsidian, 4 of which are attuned to a mob.
- Place 16 Runed Obsidian in a 5x5 ring around the Dimensional Lure.
- Place 4 Obsidian Totems diagonally from each of the corner blocks of the ring previously placed. The totem blocks should be on the 3rd diagonal block from the Dimensional Lure in each direction on the same y level.
- Place 3 more Obsidian Totems on each of the previously placed ones (12 in total).
- Place 1 Nitor on top of each column of Obsidian Totem blocks (4 in total).
- Supply CV to the Nethermind.
- Supply Essentia of the required Aspects to summon selected mob to Nethermind and to Dimensional Lure.
- Right-click the Nethermind with wand, then right-click the Dimensional Lure with wand to start the process.
Thaumcraft 4 Research Notes
Called from beyond
Research aspects in this block
"The shared properties of the Nethermind and Siren's Lure have led you to theorize that the two could work together. With some alterations to the Lure and adaptation of the Nethermind structure, you should be able to conjure creatures rather than blocks.
The Dimensional Lure probes unknown corners of the Nether for targets, opening small rifts and luring creatures through them. To pull this off, a considerable amount of essentia must be consumed by both the Nethermind and the Lure. The Ignis centi-vis requirements of the Nethermind will increase as well.
The type of essentia needed depends on the creature being targeted, and specific creatures must be targeted rather than simply drawing things in at random. (The bait must be tailored to the creature, after all.)
The creature is determined by replacing basic runed obsidian in the Nethermind structure with specialized runed obsidian for that creature. Multiple types of creature- specifying runes can be used, but at least four (total, of any type) are required. You cannot mix creature- and block-specifying runes in the same structure.
The Dimensional Lure block must be placed between six and ten blocks below the Nethermind with no solid blocks between them. A circle of basic runed obsidian must be placed around it, as specified on the previous page. Conjured creatures will appear between this platform and the structure above.
Once the structures are in place, first tap the Lure with your wand to activate it and then tap the Nethermind block to begin drawing creatures in.
Unfortunately, this process is not entirely stable. There is a chance that various negative effects may occur instead of or in addition to a creature being summoned. To combat this, Obsidian Totem pillars can be placed in the four corners around the circle. The taller the pillar, the more stability it provides. (Maximum four totem blocks per pillar.) For best results, keep all four at the same height.
Topping a pillar with nitor or placing nitor below any of the four arms of the Nethermind structure improves stability as well.
Runed Obsidian (Blaze):
With an Ember Heart infused into the Nethermind, perhaps the easiest target to lure is a blaze. In fact, it appears that sometimes an additional blaze is actually created rather than lured (at no added cost), though there is a spike of instability when this happens.
Essentia is consumed by both the Nethermind and the Dimensional Lure, as indicated below.
Nethermind - Cost per conjuration: 4 Ignis, 2 Praecantatio.
Lure - Cost per 10 conjurations: 10 Fames, 5 Victus.
You are certain that you could devise a variant of runed obsidian for many other creatures of the Nether. It should only take a little field research.
Scan your target with your handy thaumometer and then take it down in combat. That should reveal what you need to know, if there's anything to know."
Dimensional Lure has no known uses in crafting.