ON THIS WIKI
Portal Gun (Mod)
|Website||Portal Gun (Forum post)|
|Modpacks|| DNS Techpack|
Direwolf20 1.5 Pack
Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
Direwolf20 Config Pack Season 1
Direwolf20 Config Pack Season 2
Direwolf20 Config Pack Season 3
Direwolf20 Config Pack Season 4
Feed The Beast 1.5.2 Beta Pack
Feed The Beast Beta Pack A
Feed The Beast Infinity Evolved
Feed The Beast Interactions
Feed The Beast Lite
Feed The Beast Monster
Feed The Beast PAX Challenge Pack (Minecraft 1.4)
The Portal Gun Mod adds Portal 2 themed content to Minecraft. The highlighted feature is the Portal Gun, which replicates the behavior of the device from the Valve game by allowing the player to place two portals and teleport instantly between them.
This mod was originally designed for use in adventure maps. As of December 26, 2012, the Portal Gun Mod has been re-written for balanced use in survival Minecraft. Find more information about the re-write here.
Note that, when in different dimensions, you may have different sets of the same color portals set up at the same time with the same gun.
- Currently you cannot see through portals. This is intentional, as the code is currently undergoing revision.
- (?) Portal guns are known to cause severe lag. This lag is a result of the portal visual effect which keeps two areas loaded and doubles the rendering load of Minecraft. (?)
- (?) Setting the configuration option for floating blocks via the G key can cause Minecraft to crash when joining any affected chunk (?)
- (?) Placement of two portals on the underside of horizontal surfaces will trap the player in the wall upon passage through them. (?)
- (?) Portal song discs will not play when put into a jukebox. (works fine in v4.0.0-beta-6)
If you shoot the portal gun at the moon and somewhere else, you can use the portal to teleport yourself 402 blocks above where you originally started, also, the portal will suck up nearby blocks and delete them, it will also suck you in to your doom.