ON THIS WIKI
|This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|
|Add chemistry to your minecraft world.|
|Latest Version||2.0.0 PR6.1|
|Root Mod||Minecraft Forge|
|Modpacks|| DNS Techpack|
Yogscast Complete Pack
MineChem2 is a continuation of the MineChem mod under new developers. It is included in the Ampz Pack and will run off of Universal Electricity. It also runs on MJ power, and appears to connect to BuildCraft pipes, Thermal Expantion ducts and Redpower tubes properly. This is a fascinating mod where you deconstruct items into their constituent chemical elements, and recombine those into new materials. Or just try to collect every chemical element! The key machines in the mod are:
The overall process is: put items under the Microscope to see what they're made out of, or how they can be composed from chemical components (there's a button to toggle between Decomposer and Synthesis recipes). You can then place Empty Vials along with your material into the Chemical Decomposer to break down that material into vials filled with molecules or elements. Some of the options are very amusing, like a 10% chance that grass will breakdown into THC. The authors filled these recipes with clever and fun discoveries. Once you have a good supply of chemicals, you can use the Microscope to see what the crafting recipes are, then arrange the matching chemicals in the Chemical Synthesis Machine to get the item you want.
For storage, this mod adds:
- Chemical Storage which will prevent any materials stored inside from decaying
Materials and machine parts include:
- Atomic Manipulator, 8 pistons around an iron block, used as the core of the Chemical Decomposer and Chemical Synthesis Machine.
- Concave Lens and Convex Lens, used to make a Microscope Lens
*Empty Vial, crafted with 3 glass in middle column, for holding chemicals. Note: you end up using hundreds of these! Currently no longer needed.
Elements and Molecules:
- Elements: MineChem adds items representing all the chemical elements (in vials) from element #1 (Hydrogen) to #113.
- Molecules: MineChem adds about 100 special vials filled with molecules and ions you can experiment with.
- If ComputerCraft is installed, MineChem2 introduces a Chemistry Turtle which you can use to program your chemical plans.